Monday, May 25, 2009

#5
The writers voice is just like any regular person. What she writes isn't to complicated to understand, you don't need a dictionary to figure out what shes saying. Its just as if she was talking to you directly. I identify most with marji as the teenager. Every teenager has their phase of rebelling their parents and thinking their grown and can do whatever they want. I can understand why she didnt tell her mom why it took her so long to get home when she was almost sent by those women. I probably wouldnt of said anything to my mom either. Marji as a child didnt really have much of a effect on my reading as the older marji did. As a child she didnt really understand most of what was going on. As a teen everything changed.
#7
Iranians enjoyed life by parties. They were banned but Marjis family still had parites. What made me laugh in this story was how her parents defended her and her friends when the teachers had all these wierd rules. Her father said to the theacher"if hair is as stimulating as you say then you need to shave your mustache" lol. The jokes and pictures add the comic relief. The scences are relavant to the story because they show how te people rebelled towards the revolution.
#9
The kids looked hip by sneaking their clothes under their veils also they were allowed to wear it in their house. Marji wore clothes to Gandhi avenue. Which is where people sold illegal tapes and such. I don't know how I would of acted. I probably would of been the same becaus eI know my parents would of acted like that. Im not really rebellious because Ive seen what my parents do when my sisters did rebellious things.

No comments:

Post a Comment